HEALTH & HYGIENE AT MATAKANA CINEMAS, Matakana Cinemas
HEALTH & HYGIENE AT MATAKANA CINEMAS
Updated 30th August, 2020.
The following is taken directly from the government's COVID-19 website:
Event facilities at Alert Level 2
Event facilities can operate at Alert Level 2.
There are no extra restrictions for event facilities in Auckland region.
Event facilities can have up to 100 people within any defined space. They also need to assess how many people can safely be inside the premises and still maintain 1 metre physical distancing. This could mean the facility needs to have fewer than 100 people in a defined space.
If you go to an event facility, you legally must keep 1 metre physical distance from people you don’t know, where possible — if you can't, consider wearing a face covering.
Event facilities include:
cinemas, theatres, stadiums, concert venues
, conference venues, casinos.
For a link to the government website, please click HERE
Hand sanitisers & hygiene protocols
- We have installed 70%+ ethanol alcohol based hand sanitiser units in our foyers and near cinema entrances for everyone’s use.
- Our staff will be wearing face masks while at work during level 2.
- We encourage our guests to use a face mask while on premises though it is not compulsory.
- Whether you are in a group of 2 or 10 we will be provisioning for 1x seats distance on either side of your group from the next group in the row.
- The spacing between each row of seats in all three of our theatres is over 1 metre which allows us to provide more than the minimum distance between people both in front and behind.
- Please note that while we are in level 2 we cannot take bookings for groups of more than 10 people.
Enhanced cleaning processes
- Our cinema team have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all high traffic areas and commonly-touched surfaces throughout the day. This includes but is not limited to: tables, door handles, counters, railings, benches, and EFTPOS terminals.
- In conjunction with our commercial cleaners Crest, we have increased the frequency of our bathroom checks and spraying disinfectant on all surfaces.
- Staff will be frequently washing their hands throughout their shifts with soap and paper towels. Hand sanitiser is also available at point of sale terminals.
- As always, staff are washing their hands before and after handling food, as well as increasing the frequency of which they wash their hands throughout the day.
- If staff are feeling unwell they have been advised to stay home and consult Healthline and we will follow their advice.
Contactless purchasing encouraged
- We encourage ticket purchases to be made in advance via our website's V-Tix system: www.matakanacinemas.co.nz
- If purchasing on site, we are still talking cash payments but it is our preference for you to use contactless payment whenever possible.
Personal health policy & self isolation if unwell
- If you have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19 you will need to self-isolate for 14 days from the date of contact.
- Self-isolation is an effective precautionary measure to protect those around you – your family, friends, colleagues – from contracting COVID-19. It means taking simple, common-sense steps to avoid close contact with other people as much as possible, like you would with the seasonal flu virus.
We know it’s a stressful time, but taking these measures will help protect you, your family and all of New Zealand from COVID-19 and other common infectious diseases.
- We encourage our patrons to stay home and self-isolate if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms or have travelled overseas in the last 14 days.
- It is important to us to keep you and our community safe and we appreciate your understanding.