HEALTH & HYGIENE AT MATAKANA CINEMAS, Matakana Cinemas
HEALTH & HYGIENE AT MATAKANA CINEMAS
Updated 15th February 2021.
Auckland is currently at a Level Three scenario for COVID-19.
At Alert Level Three cinemas must be closed and are unable to operate normal business activities. This is under the instruction of the NZ government and the NZ Ministry of Health.
In a Level Two scenario we will be able to open however with our social distancing and hygiene policies in place as in the past.
Event facilities at Alert Level 1:
The following is taken directly from the government's COVID-19 website:
Social gatherings, events and public facilities at Alert Level 1
There is no limit on the number of people who can attend a social gathering or event or enter a public facility at Alert Level 1.
Workplaces and businesses legally must display a QR code poster to help you keep track of where you’ve been. We recommend you use the NZ COVID Tracer app to do this, or another way that works for you.
Stay safe at Alert Level 1:
At Alert Level 1, we still need to play it safe. We all need to be ready in case COVID-19 comes back into the community.
To be ready at Alert Level 1:
- maintain good hygiene
- stay home if you’re sick
- get tested if you have cold or flu symptoms
- keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen.
Hand sanitisers & hygiene protocols
- We have installed 70%+ ethanol alcohol based hand sanitiser units in our foyers and near cinema entrances for everyone’s use.
Face masks (Alert Level 2)
- Our staff will be wearing face masks in the event we return to government alert level 2.
Group distancing (Alert Level 2)
- Whether you are in a group of 2 or 10 we will be provisioning for 1x seats distance on either side of your group from the next group in the row.
- The spacing between each row of seats in all three of our theatres is over 1 metre which allows us to provide more than the minimum distance between people both in front and behind.
- Please note that while we are in level 2 we cannot take bookings for groups of more than 10 people.
Enhanced cleaning processes
- Our cinema team have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all high traffic areas and commonly-touched surfaces throughout the day. This includes but is not limited to: tables, door handles, counters, railings, benches, and EFTPOS terminals.
- In conjunction with our commercial cleaners Crest, we have increased the frequency of our bathroom checks and spraying disinfectant on all surfaces.
- Staff will be frequently washing their hands throughout their shifts with soap and paper towels. Hand sanitiser is also available at point of sale terminals.
- As always, staff are washing their hands before and after handling food, as well as increasing the frequency of which they wash their hands throughout the day.
- If staff are feeling unwell they have been advised to stay home and consult Healthline and we will follow their advice.
Contactless purchasing encouraged
- We encourage ticket purchases to be made in advance via our website's V-Tix system: www.matakanacinemas.co.nz
- If purchasing on site, we are still talking cash payments but it is our preference for you to use contactless payment whenever possible.
Personal health policy & self isolation if unwell
- If you have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19 you will need to self-isolate for 14 days from the date of contact.
- Self-isolation is an effective precautionary measure to protect those around you – your family, friends, colleagues – from contracting COVID-19. It means taking simple, common-sense steps to avoid close contact with other people as much as possible, like you would with the seasonal flu virus.
We know it’s a stressful time, but taking these measures will help protect you, your family and all of New Zealand from COVID-19 and other common infectious diseases.
- We encourage our patrons to stay home and self-isolate if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms or have travelled overseas in the last 14 days.
- It is important to us to keep you and our community safe and we appreciate your understanding.